The undisputed king of the British horror movie Sir Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93.
He died peacefully on Sunday surrounded by family and friends at his bedside in hospital in London where it is reported he was being treated for respiratory problems.
In memory of his talent and the contribution he made to British cinema (as well as the heavy metal concept album he recorded in the 1970s) we have remembered 13 of his most iconic roles in a career that spanned decades.
1. The Creature, The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)
2. Count Dracula, The Horror of Dracula (1958)
3. Paul Allen, The Two Faces of Dr Jekyll (1960)
4. Captain Le Roche, The Pirates of Blood River (1962)
5. Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes and the Curse of the Deadly Necklace (1962)
6. Lord Summerisle, The Wicker Man (1973)
7. Francisco Scaramanga, The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
8. Blind Pew, Treasure Island (1989)
9. Death, Soul Music (1997)
10. Count Dooku, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
11. Saruman, The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (2001-2003 and 2012-2014)
12. Count Dracula (again), Dracula: The Prince of Darkness (1966)
13. Monsieur Labisse, Hugo (2011)
RIP Sir Christopher.