The Prodigy singer Keith Flint has died, aged 49. The frontman and dancer was found dead at his home in Dunmow, Essex, and people have been pouring in with messages of support.
The British electronic group confirmed the death in a statement that read:
It is with deepest shock and sadness that we can confirm the death of our brother and best friend Keith Flint. A true pioneer, innovator and legend. He will be forever missed. We thank you for respecting the privacy of all concerned at this time.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Flint's ultimately death has prompted hundreds of thousands of people to take to social media from across the world expressing their grief.
The band formed in 1990 and grew to become one of the most well-known groups, both in the mainstream and the electronic scene.
Tributes have been pouring in for Flint.
1. Six-time Paralympian medallist Stephen Miller reminded us how integral Keith and his music was in many of our lives.
3. People remembered the 'swearbox'.
4. And that album cover.
5. 'We don't want lighters in the air, we want a crowd that's absolutely pumping' - Keith.
6. He was an 'icon with a soft centre'.
7. Others praised his music as a gateway to rave and jungle music.
8. Model and activist Munroe Bergdorf remembered The Prodigy's track Firestarter and its mesmerising music video.
9. And fans are sharing one of his famous quotes about life, sad, given he didn't make it to 65.
When, and if, I get to 65, I’d like to say that I did everything – the lot. I’d like to think I bedded loads of babes and lived out my ultimate sex fantasies. I’d like to think I’d been through every colour with my hair and everywhere that could have been pierced on my body and been pierced. Even if all my beloved tattoos have gone saggy by then, at least I can stand up and say, I did it.
10. They are also remembering when Keith likened awards to 'cheap plastic ornaments you give to your nan'.
11. And others are simply sharing their own emotional experience with one of his gigs.
12. And shared funny, heartfelt interactions they shared with Keith.
13. A train station has written its own tribute to the star.
14. One person thanked Keith for the part he played in his gaming experience.
15. Rest easy, Keith.