China's population is 1.38 billion. The population density is 147.2 people per square kilometre, according to the UN.
That doesn't sound that busy because China's population is spread out both in dense cities and sprawling rural areas - but compare it to Beijing's 1,300 people per squared kilometre, and things get a bit more claustrophobic.
We've trawled through the archives to find some images which perfectly represent how crowded a city in China can be.
Remember, breathe, you're not there.
1. How about a quick trip on a train?
2. Definitely not.
3. Especially when you look at the queue to get in.
4. Maybe the airport instead?
5. Or the car?
6. There are certainly plenty of taxis to collect you from the airport.
7. Well, what do you want to go see? What about the Great Wall?
8. Maybe the beach?
9. How about some shopping?
10. Or a music festival?
11. Or possibly a street market?
12. How about taking in a horse race?
13. Maybe just stick to something relaxing, like a lazy day in the pool?
If you don't like crowds it's probably best not to leave the hotel. If you do, then this is the place for you!