1. Photographing the Eiffel Tower at night is illegal
Believe it or not, this is banned due to EU copyright law. As the Eiffel Tower says on its website: "Daytime views from the Eiffel Tower are rights-free. However, its various illuminations are subject to author’s rights as well as brand rights."
2. The universe is beige
In 2002 scientists revealed that the true colour of the universe was beige (or "cosmic latte"), rather than pale turquoise as previously thought.
3. Godzilla was only on screen for eight minutes in the summer 2014 film Godzilla
4. Amazon's first customer spent $27.95 and had a building named after him
5. The word 'yoink' was invented by the Simpsons
6. More than 80 per cent of Bulldog births are by C-section
This is because the pups' heads are usually too big for the mothers to give birth to naturally.
7. The temperature in Miami has only reached 100 degrees (fahrenheit) once
8. There is a language called Anal
Anal is also known as Manfau and is a north Kukish language spoken in India and parts of Burma.
9. Platypus don't have nipples
The young feed from the mother's mammary gland which oozes milk.
10. In 1994 Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty ritually burned £1 million of their own money on the Isle of Jura
To this day he has not fully explained why.
11. Romans used to clean their teeth with urine
12. In 1975 a Professor added his Siamese cat as a co-author on a physics paper
His name was Jack H Hetherington and this really did happen.
13. There is a museum of endangered sounds which features the Windows 95 startup jingle
Go for a trip down memory lane here.
14. Prince's lawyers once requested Weird Al Yankovic not make eye contact with the star via telegram
He told Wired it was the year they were both going to the American Music Awards. "Apparently I was going to be sitting in the same row as Prince that year and I got a telegram - and I wasn’t the only one - from Prince’s management company saying that I was not to establish eye contact with him during the show."