The Brexit process is well and truly under way after Theresa May triggered Article 50 in March.
Chief EU negotiator Michael Barnier succeeded in compelling the European Parliament’s formal negotiating stance to include a line clarifying that Britain couldn’t halt the Brexit process without approval of the 27 member states.
Basically, there’s no going back now.
Reddit users have been busy sharing the quotes which they think most aptly describes a post-Brexit Britain.
Here's a roundup of the best ones:
1. "Divide and conquer"
The reason I've chosen this is because what I see is that in such troubled times,when more and more false information,lies and oppression are coming from the media and government people have still not risen up or even questioned the legitimacy of the actions and "facts" that those above provide. We're so deep into "remoaners" and "brexsh*tters" and "Nazis" and "lefties" that even if we knew we are being fooled we couldn't stand together and hold -whatever is feeding us lies-to account. And that's exactly what "they" want. wraps tinfoil hat around head
2. "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn".
-Christopher Nolan, The Dark Knight, supplied by Statustxt
Captain Blackadder: "That's right. There was one tiny flaw in the plan".
Lieutenant George: "O, what was that?"
Captain Blackadder: "It was bollocks".
Black Adder, supplied by Caddy666
4. "All of the wrong people are clapping..."
-supplied by dirk_anger
5. "The idiots all got together and had a meeting where they decided they aren't idiots".
6. "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance".
-Socrates, supplied by Caridor
7. "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way".
-Pink Floyd, Time supplied by Blaidd_Dwrg