Harry Potter super fans have come together in the lead up to Christmas, to finally answer all your burning questions about Santa.
A theory has been circulating on the Harry Potter Reddit page, which explains all the inconsistencies and impossible feats by the Father of Christmas.
In short, Father Christmas is a wizard.
Here's the proof:
1. The Chimney
Answer: Santa comes down the chimney via Floo powder. Because of course.
2. There are over seven billion people in the world.
Assuming they get visits from Santa, he can’t do it in one night. And what about the time difference? Australia, Japan, America, and the UK: there’s no way he can humanly visit them all.
Answer: With a Time Turner, on the other hand…
3. Ok, but surely, children have snuck downstairs in the middle of the night and caught a glimpse of him?
4. If he delivers all the Christmas presents, how come the parents think they’ve bought them?
Answer: Confundus charm.
5. He has one red bag – how does he fit millions of presents inside?
Answer: An Undetectable Extension charm. Like Hermione's one.
6. Santa Clause has been doing this since time immemorial; how is he still alive?
Answer: Nicolas Flamel gave him the Philosopher’s stone. Or maybe he is Nicholas Flamel?
7. What about Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer?
Answer: Rudolph is a patronus
Santa Claus is based on the Dutch Sinterklaas, who is in his turn based on Saint Nicholas, the Bishop of Myra. Myra is in modern-day Turkey, but it was at the time part of Greek Anatolia.
Hence, the red-nosed patronus.
8. Santa's Little Helpers?
Answer: House Elves.
You can peruse all of the theories on the Reddit page.
Harry Potter and the fandom that just won't stop giving.