“I’m in a hotel and I just noticed that the bath drain has a light coming from it. What could it be?”
At first glance, the photo shows a typical looking bathroom, complete with all the usual fittings; tiled walls and shower curtain.
On a more detailed inspection, you can spot an eerie orange glow coming out of the plughole.
- Chinese takeaway goes viral for savage responses to customers
- 21 of the funniest and most cringe April Fools’ Day 2021 jokes
- Paris Jackson reveals dad Michael’s parenting life-hacks
- Man’s marriage proposal brutally rejected in front of a busy shopping mall
- 12-year-old boy is left brain dead after attempting TikTok challenge
Members of the group commented on the post, saying it was “creepy as f***”
One user compared it to the classic horror movie It, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, writing “Uh dunno, but if someone down there asks if you’d like a balloon, just say no.”
One declared “it’s clearly a portal to hell”
However, using the collective power of the social media hive mind, a user came up with the most realistic answer.
“Most hotels have a chase between the rooms where all the mechanical systems are exposed so they can be maintained.”
“If the trap in the tub is plastic and the maintenance person left the light on, it will be visible in your room. That’s probably what’s happening here.”
If you ask us, that sounds a lot less scary than Pennywise lurking in your WC.