Australian officials are taking steps to curb the absurd requests that its citizens have lodged with embassies around the world, the country’s Foreign Minister, Julie Bishop, has announced.
Here are some of the more peculiar demands made by our friends Down Under...
1. Money to repair a jet ski
2. Money to pay a hotel bill
3. Loan for a laptop
4. Office space in the embassy to work in
5. Loan to pay for a sex worker for services provided
6. An armoured car
7. Removal of a polecat
8. Intervention to prevent payment of a speeding fine
More: Did Tony Abbott really say 'I'm captain of Team Australia'?