A treasure trove of notably weird Wikipedia articles that had to be deleted are all stored in an archive by the free encyclopedia.
The aptly named "Wikipedia:Deleted articles with freaky titles" page details 772 entries as far-ranging as "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", "The Fax Machine Monster of Basildon" and "Famous watermelons".
An entry on the archive page explains that while strange titles are rarely added to the site, occasionally Wikipedians take leave of their senses and the deleted entries all wind up there.
Some other notable entries that people actually tried to create include:
1. Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs
2. Cookies that talk and drive cars into lakes and don't listen to their mothers because they don't care
3. I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A STUPID WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING ME ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS HELP WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SITE THIS IS WHY NOBODY CITES YOU
4. Interesting facts about Toasters
5. List of famous men who wear briefs
6. MASSIVE TRAFFIC CONE SHAPED ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE
7. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
8. Oscillating penguin of ultimate seduction
9. Toe names
10. Vampire potato
11. Why I Want To Be King of Australia
12. Woo woo woo woo woo woo wah ooooo wah
You can see the full list of 772 here.
HT Boing Boing