Twitch and TikTok user Marie, who goes by the name Marie Antoinette (or @xmarieangel), posted a six-part video series of recordings showing how fellow-players’ react to her skills, and then to finding out that she’s a woman.
“Oh my, he’s so good,” one guy can be heard saying, before another shouts: “Duuuude,” with awe.
“Bro, this is f***ing not real, right?” says another, before Marie laughs: “It might be…”
In a second video she shows how her playmates responded to discovering she’s not actually a “he”.
- 20 jokes only very intelligent people will understand
- TikToker documents monster attempt to eat 10,000 calories in a single day
- Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife called a woman to give her $8m with no strings attached
- Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards was unwittingly photobombed in latest Instagram snap
- Do NOT attempt TikTok’s ‘dangerous’ deep fried water trend, scientists warn
“Why are you so cracked?” one player asks Marie, to which she responds: “I don’t know.”
Another male voice then says: “Holy s***, I’m uninstalling. I died to a f***ing female.”
In the fourth installment, men can be heard sounding genuinely astounded that “she’s a girl”, with one describing her as a “god” and asking: “Can I marry you?”
Viewers of the clips, which have each racked up millions of views, have shared their repulsion at misogyny she has to suffer.
“Why is it still a THING for men that women don’t game?” one TikToker asked.
“Everyone plays some kind of video games now.”
Another commented: “That’s why I stay muted because I would cry.”
“Why do they always have to go for what the girl looks like? Jesus,” added another.
While another pointed out: “They’re just saying that because they feel inferior as a man.”
Keep showing them how it’s done, Marie.