Jennifer Lawrence has this to say about people who looked at those photos

Dina Rickman@dinarickman
Tuesday 07 October 2014 16:10
Celebrities

Jennifer Lawrence has spoken out for the first time since stolen intimate pictures of her appeared online last month. The 24-year-old actress had this to say about the matter:

It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime. It is a sexual violation. It’s disgusting. The law needs to be changed, and we need to change.

In an interview with Vanity Fair, Lawrence said she had been tempted to make an official statement but "every single thing that I tried to write made me cry or get angry. I started to write an apology, but I don’t have anything to say I’m sorry for".

Anybody who looked at those pictures, you're perpetuating a sexual offence. You should cower with shame. Even people who I know and love say, 'Oh, yeah, I looked at the pictures.' I don't want to get mad, but at the same time I'm thinking, I didn't tell you that you could look at my naked body.

She went on:

Just because I’m a public figure, just because I’m an actress, does not mean that I asked for this.

It does not mean that it comes with the territory. It’s my body, and it should be my choice, and the fact that it is not my choice is absolutely disgusting. I can’t believe that we even live in that kind of world...

I was in a loving, healthy, great relationship for four years. It was long distance, and either your boyfriend is going to look at porn or he’s going to look at you...

At the time the photos first appeared online, a spokesperson for Lawrence said: "This is a flagrant violation of privacy. The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence."

The actress was one of more than 100 celebrities to have been targeted by hackers. The FBI is currently investigating how the stolen pictures came into the public eye.

More: Here are the photos of Jennifer Lawrence you should look at

Trending