Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has been named the best boss in the world from the point-of-view of investors.
According to the Harvard Business Review (HBR), Bezos, who also owns the Washington Post newspaper, is the best business leader when it comes to producing "solid results over the long run".
Here's the top 10:
1. Jeff Bezos, Amazon
2. John Martin, Gilead Sciences
3. John Chambers, Cisco Systems
4. David Pyott, Allergan
5. David Simon, Simon Property Group
6. Lars Rebien Sørensen, Novo Nordisk
7. Hugh Grant, Monsanto
8. J. Michael Pearson, Valeant Pharmaceuticals
9. Mark Donegan, Precision Castparts
10. William Doyle, PotashCorp
The magazine acknowledges that the best-run companies "connect effectively with customers, employees, and the communities where they operate" but those are all values which are hard to measure.
Instead they state that this list is "as objective as possible", based on hard data and calculates total shareholder returns and market capitalisation over the bosses' entire stints as CEOs.