A week ago, the world became obsessed when the Ever Given, one of the largest container ships in the entire world got stuck on both banks of the river in Egypt, which is responsible for around 12 per cent of the world’s trade.
Unless your livelihood depended on the Suez Canal you probably couldn't help get wrapped up in the meme frenzy that the incident unleashed.
Well, now that the ship has been refloated and is back on its journey the internet is finding unique ways to commemorate the moment.
- Chinese takeaway goes viral for savage responses to customers
- Man’s marriage proposal brutally rejected in front of a busy shopping mall
- Trump uses new website to rewrite presidential history – here are all the things he forgot to include
- 35 of the funniest memes about the Ever Given
- Wendy’s chicken sandwich nightmare sparks fierce TikTok debate
The clever folks over at Google have created a special Easter egg which appears whenever you search for ‘Suez Canal’ or ‘Ever Given.’
The simple animation involves not much more than a few ships emojis moving along (a lot quicker than the real Ever Given) just below the search bar.
The Easter egg is available on both desktop and mobile and is just in time for Easter too...