By the year 2100, there will be 11.2 billion people living on the planet.
This is if the UN is to be believed.
These projections come from the UN Population Division and were recently the subject of a post on a popular subreddit.
You'll notice Africa greatly contributes to the population spike in the mid to late 21st century.
Here's the projected population of countries in 2100:
The top 20 in population in 2100 should be:
- India, 1.659 billion
- China, 1.004 billion
- Nigeria, 752.247 million
- United States of America, 450.385 million
- Democratic Republic of the Congo, 388.733 million
- Pakistan, 364.283 million
- Indonesia, 313.648 million
- United Republic of Tanzania, 299.133 million
- Ethiopia, 242.644 million
- Niger, 209.334 million
- Uganda, 202.868 million
- Egypt, 200.802 million
- Brazil, 200.305 million
- Bangladesh, 169.541 million
- Philippines, 168.618 million
- Iraq, 163.905 million
- Kenya, 156.856 million
- Mexico, 148.404 million
- Angola, 138.738 million