In case you missed it, it has been alleged that Boris Johnson accepted a loan from Conservative Party HQ to renovate his Downing Street gaff, without properly declaring it as a gift.
The government has said that Johnson met the costs personally, but it is not yet clear whether he accepted a loan which he then paid back. As such, those concerned about transparency in government have raised their eyebrows.
But that’s not the only aspect of the story that is getting people talking. Tatler reported the refurb at the time and said the couple were transforming it from “Theresa May’s John Lewis furniture nightmare into a high-society haven”, something that was important to Symonds apparently.
Wait? John Lewis a “nightmare”? We could scarcely believe it either, and neither did these commenters:
- Mum lets daughter’s ex continue to live with them – and it’s sparked a major online debate
- Viral video shows police officer ‘racially profiling’ Black man at diner
- Justin Bieber shows off new dreadlocks – and is accused of cultural appropriation
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- Elon Musk says a ‘bunch of people will probably die’ during Mars mission
Comedian Alistair Barrie put it best when he said:
It would appear that they really didn’t like those last few John Lewis Christmas adverts.