Two people have died in the latest shooting in America.
David Katz, 24, is believed to have fired shots at a video game event in Jacksonville Florida, killing two people and injuring eleven before turning the gun on himself.
There have been 9,533 deaths as a direct result of gun violence in 2018 according to the Gun Violence Archive.
Of those, 235 were mass shootings.
Here are some of the worst ones in the country's history:
1. Las Vegas shooting, October 1 2017 - 58 people killed
A 64-year-old Stephen Paddock opens fire on concert goers of the Mandala Bay Resort and Casino.
2. Orlando night club shooting, June 12, 2016 - 49 people killed
Omar Saddiqui Mateen, 29 shoots and kills 49 people at the gay nightclub, Pulse.
3. Virginia Tech shooting, April 17, 2007 - 32 people killed
A 23-year-old student called Seung Hui-Cho kills 32 people in two separate locations at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.
4. Sandy Hook shooting, December 14, 2012 - 27 people killed
Adam Lanza, 20, guns down 20 children under the age of eight and six adults at the Connecticut elementary school.
5. Texas church shooting, November 5, 2017 - 25 people killed
A gunman opens fire at a small church in Sutherland Springs and kills 25 people, including an unborn child.
6. Mass shooting in Killeen, Texas, October 16, 1991 - 23 people killed
George Hennard crashed his truck through a wall in Luby's cafe and shoots 23 people before killing himself.
7. Mass shooting in San Ysidro, California, July 18 1984 - 21 people killed
Fourty-one-year-old James Huberty, armed with a long-barreled Uzi, a shotgun and a hand gun, and proceeds to shoot down 21 adults and children at a local McDonald's.
8. Mass shooting in Austin, Texas, August 1, 1966 - 18 people killed
Former US Marine Joseph Whitman kills 16 people at the University of Texas whilst shooting from a tower.
9. Marjory Stoneman Douglas mass shooting, February 14, 2018 - 17 people killed
Former student Nikolas Cruz goes on a shooting spree and killed 17 adults and children.
10. San Bernadino, California shooting, December 2, 2015 - 14 people killed
Syed Rizwan Farook and wife Tafsheen shoot 14 people at the Inland Centre in San Bernadino.
They need to be banned now.