When you think of sexy accents, which ones come to mind?
Maybe its the Italian accent, which tends to sound like a sweet lullaby in your ear, or the smoother French pronunciation, which only deserves its title of "the language of love".
But what if I tell you that an extensive poll looking into the world's sexiest accents ranked the New Zealand or "Kiwi" accent in first place? Yes, really.
According to an extensive poll conducted by Big 7 Travel, the Kiwi accent is "outrageously charming", and officially the sexiest in the world. That's sweet as, bro!
On their website, the travel company announced that the accent is even above its Australian cousin, adding:
To a novice ear, the New Zealand accent might sound just like the Australian accent, but Big 7 Travel readers disagree. The ‘Newzild’ dialect is outrageously charming. The sexiest accent in the world? It’s official.
The Kiwis fended off tough competition from the South Africans and Irish, who ranked second and third on the list consecutively. Other countries in the top 10 included Italy in fourth (didn't we tell you?), Spanish in eighth, and Brazilian Portuguese in tenth. French also made the top 10, by the way, coming in seventh.
It's safe to say that Kiwis were very happy with this ranking.
At the very bottom of the list, which consisted of 50 countries, was Thai in 48th, Romanian in 49th and Croatian in 50.
The full ranking is below:
1. New Zealand
2. South African (‘unique tones and Saffa slang’)
3. Irish (Universally adored ‘whether it’s a Jamie Dornan-esque Northern Irish accent or a lilting Cork jibe’)
4. Italian (‘Completely beautiful’)
5. Australian (‘Long and slow’ pronunciations)
6. Scottish (‘Rich sounds and harsh vowels’)
7. French (‘Language of love’)
8. Spanish (‘Fast and fluid’)
9. U.S Southern (‘Who can resist a slow, Texan drawl?’)
10. Brazilian Portuguese (Italian influences bring ‘extra attractiveness’)
11. Czech (Their ‘direct accents’ have impressed readers)
12. Queen’s English (Clear, clipped and completely posh’)
13. Canadian (‘subtle vowels and lots of ‘eh’’)
14. Hungarian (‘Sounds beautiful when sung’)
15. Ukrainian (Sounds similar to Russian, but clearer)
16. Danish (Although sometimes seen as unattractive, the poll suggests otherwise)
17. Jamaican (‘Vibrant and super sexy’)
18. Mancunian (‘The sexy accent might be reason alone to stop by)
19. Argentine (‘Full of slang words’)
20. Zimbabwean (‘Many old-fashioned words and open vowels’)
It's certainly a great day to be from New Zealand.