The Apple iPhone is one of the most popular mobile devices in the world, but the company has issued a new danger warning to users that could help save lives.
Popular among those particularly in the West, iPhones are prevalent in most people’s everyday lives, ever since the first one was released in June 2007.
However, Apple has issued a stark warning for those who leave them charging overnight, highlighting a risk of fire, electrocution and injury.
The warning by Apple comes under its updated user guide under the article titled, “Important safety information for iPhone” in which it is warned that charging phones over long periods poses a risk.
It read: “Use common sense to avoid situations where your skin is in contact with a device, its power adapter, or a wireless charger when it’s operating or connected to a power source for long periods of time.
“For example, don’t sleep on a device, power adapter, or wireless charger, or place them under a blanket, pillow, or your body, when it’s connected to a power source.
“Keep your iPhone, the power adapter, and any wireless charger in a well-ventilated area when in use or charging. Take special care if you have a physical condition that affects your ability to detect heat against the body.”
The company confirmed consumers can use “‘Made for iPhone’ or other third-party cables” that are compliant with relevant safety regulations.
But, it added: “Other adapters may not meet applicable safety standards, and charging with such adapters could pose a risk of death or injury.”