Despite Britain and America sharing the same language, the two countries couldn't be more different.
We're not talking about obvious things like currency, taxes, health care, and politics; it's the everyday stuff that we Brits barely bat an eyelid at that seems to shock folk from the United States.
British traditions and lingo can sometimes be so puzzling that Americans just can't get their heads around it.
Without further ado here are 17 examples of British things that Americans will never ever understand.
1. Drinking tea during the summertime.
2. Saying "Maths" rather than "Math".
3. The bathroom isn't the toilet.
You might have noticed this in American films or TV shows.
Whenever some ask "Where's the bathroom is?" they aren't looking for the nearest shower or bath but the toilet.
Except most British bathrooms often contain all the necessary utensils to clean yourself, which is very confusing.
However, some British bathrooms don't always have a toilet in them either and some toilet rooms don't always have a sink. It's all very confusing.
4. Going for a "Cheeky Nando's".
5. Putting the date before the month.
6. Not tipping bar staff.
7. Having two taps with different temperatures.
8. Having awful wallpaper in our homes.
9. Hating the weather no matter the time of year.
10. Being incredibly polite.
11. Having "juicy bits" instead of "pulp".
12. Putting washing machines in kitchens.
13. Weird food habits.
14. Putting an X on the end of a text to symbolise a kiss.
15. Making tea or coffee for more than one person.
16. Adding a "U" to nearly every word.