Tourism is to international relations what two kittens play-fighting is to professional wrestling.
The mechanics are still roughly the same, but one is much more light-hearted.
One of the things that makes tourism so fun is the meaningless slogans countries come up with to market themselves to indecisive and easily influenced holidaymakers.
And now there’s a map, courtesy of Family Break Finder, showing every country’s logo:
Here are some of the highlights:
1. Be our guest
- Turkey, closeted Beauty and the Beast fan.
2. All within your reach
- The United States of America - a simply huge country.
3. Everything is here
- The ever prosaic and practical Honduras.
4. Timeless charm
- Vietnam reaching for Brad Pitt.
5. Home of amazing moments
- The UK, which seems a little selective at present.
6. Jump into Ireland
- Ireland, the country apparently without any airports.