Join the news democracyWhere your votes decide the Top 100
Tourism is to international relations what two kittens play-fighting is to professional wrestling.
The mechanics are still roughly the same, but one is much more light-hearted.
One of the things that makes tourism so fun is the meaningless slogans countries come up with to market themselves to indecisive and easily influenced holidaymakers.
And now there’s a map, courtesy of Family Break Finder, showing every country’s logo:
Here are some of the highlights:
- Turkey, closeted Beauty and the Beast fan.
- The United States of America - a simply huge country.
- The ever prosaic and practical Honduras.
- Vietnam reaching for Brad Pitt.
- The UK, which seems a little selective at present.
- Ireland, the country apparently without any airports.
More: These are the countries with the 'most' tourists
More: The map showing the most dangerous countries in the world for tourists
More: A photographer went around the world and asked people what they thought of tourists