Harriet Harman wore a 'this is what a feminist looks like' slogan T-shirt at PMQs today. Here's what you need to know.
1. David Cameron refused to wear the same T-shirt
4. Despite that no one actually mentioned it during PMQs
5. There is already controversy over the incident
Many pointed out that Caroline Lucas was told to cover up when wearing an anti-Page 3 slogan T-shirt during a debate in June 2013. At the time, a House of Commons spokesperson said: "By convention members are expected not to use their clothing to display slogans or make debating point."
When asked if they stood by those comments, a Commons spokesman told i100.co.uk: “There are many demands on the Speaker’s attention whilst he is in the Chair, particularly during Questions to the Prime Minister. If a Member’s dress is not in line with the conventions of the House and it is brought to the Chair’s attention, he acts accordingly.”
6. We don't know who paid for the T-shirt
i100.co.uk has contacted Harriet Harman's office for clarification.
7. During PMQs, this is what David Cameron's front bench looked like
More: [This is how the UK ranks on gender equality]5