Donald Trump Jr yesterday tweeted proof that he met a Kremlin-connected lawyer on the pretext that the meeting would provide "incriminating" information on Hillary Clinton.
The New York Times report that he did so only when contacted by the Times for comment on a story about the contents of the emails - and that they contained explicit proof that he was eager to accept the help of the Russian Government during his fathers' Presidential campaign:
Since the story broke, there have been growing calls for impeachment of Trump senior, legal experts have said that Trump Jr committed a federal crime, and a Harvard Law Professor called the evidence a "smoking gun".
So, apropos of nothing, here's the Presidential line of succession:
- Vice President - Mike Pence
- Speaker of the House - Paul Ryan
- Senate President Pro Tempore - Orrin Hatch
- Secretary of State- Rex W. Tillerson
- Secretary of the Treasury- Steven Mnuchin
- Secretary of Defense - James Mattis
- Attorney General - Jefferson Sessions
- Secretary of the Interior - Ryan Zinke
- Secretary of Agriculture - Sonny Perdue
- Secretary of Commerce - Wilbur Ross
- Secretary of Labor - Alex Acosta
- Secretary of Health and Human Services - Tom Price
- Secretary of Housing and Urban Development - Ben Carson
- Secretary of Transportation - Elaine Chao
- Secretary of Energy - Rick Perry
- Secretary of Education - Betsy DeVos
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs - David Shulkin
- Secretary of Homeland Security
This is per the Presidential Succession Act, which was last amended in 2006, when the Secretary of Homeland Security was added to the list.
There's one thing we must add - Secretary of Transportation (14th) Elaine Chao cannot become President as she was born in Taipei and thus is not a US-born citizen.