There are some blasts from the past no one wants to encounter – finding a creepy old photo alongside a horror movie is one of them.
But that’s precisely what happened when Twitter user Riley Cassidy opened up a second hand DVD case for cult classic The Ring.
In it, she found a picture of a random woman staring at the camera, a glazed look in her strikingly blue eyes.
Sharing a snap of the disturbing discovery, the self-confessed horror nerd tweeted: “Bought a copy of The Ring at the thrift shop and it came with this totally not haunted photograph inside."
In an update she added that she’d set a reminder to herself, saying: “Make sure you don’t get murdered.”
- Pregnant OnlyFans star is planning to live-stream birth to subscribers for £10,000
- The top talking points from Brit Awards 2021
- Snorkeller in Australia found groom’s missing wedding ring wrapped around the body of a fish
- We can’t stop watching Curtis and AJ Pritchard on Hollyoaks
- TikTok influencer finds out boyfriend is cheating thanks to live photo blunder
People were suitably unsettled by the vintage snapshot, with her tweet racking up more than 15,800 likes and 1,200 shares.
One user managed to photoshop in a frightening apparition in the background (thanks for that):
While other concerned people simply instructed her to “run.”
Some made light of the situation:
While others made reference to The Ring’s plot:
Whilst the film doesn’t feature any frightening still images, it does centre on a mysterious videotape which causes whoever watches it to die a week later.
The good news is that Cassidy shared her post on May 2 – and she’s still alive.