Horrified, the neighbours quickly applied first aid to the two-year-old's snake bite before bringing her to Bingol Maternity and Children's Hospital. She went kept under observation for the night and is reportedly doing well.
"Allah has protected her, really," Mehmet Ercan, the girl's father said.
"Our neighbours have told me that the snake was in the hand of my child, she was playing with it and then it bit her."
Two year old girl kills snake by biting itNewsflash, Getty Images
Unfortunately, the snake did not make it out of the encounter alive.
Snake bites are common and while most are not deadly it is important to seek medical treatment afterwards to ensure there is no infection, especially in young children.
In Turkey, there are around 45 snake species, 10 of which are poisonous.
It is unclear which kind of snake the girl killed with her bare teeth but likely it was not a poisonous kind.
Regardless, the horrifying story is a good reminder to keep a watchful eye on children and snakes.