Nuclear weapons, reality television and Donald Trump are things that we can probably all agree should never have set foot on planet Earth.
But what about some of the more tragic human inventions?
The good people over at Reddit decided to compile a list of some of humanity's less-than-stellar inventing moments.
Here are some of the best/worst...
1. Propeller hats
These are for adults.
2. The Hutzler 571 Banana cutter
Because bananas are exceedingly difficult to peel by hand, what with the iron skin and all.
3. Pet RockPhoto: Yuri Cortez/AFP/Getty Images
Unless you're fondly referring to the diamond on your finger, this has literally no point.
4. Cheese in a can
Why deprive people of the simple joy of stringy, melted cheese? Why?
5. Skipping rope…without the rope
Gather all the fun to be had from a skipping rope. Got it? Now dump it in the bin.
6. The Snuggie, AKA blanket-with-sleeves
7. smh, lol, lmao, rofl…
"shake my head," just shake it. "Laughing out loud," just laugh. "Laughing my a-- off," we highly doubt that's happening. "Rolling on the floor laughing," then how are you writing...?
8. Toe shoes
The cringe is strong in this one.
So...it's not a phone...and you can buy it?
10. Spagetti fork
As opposed to a regular fork?
11. And the Selfie Stick, more fondly referred to as the most obnoxious thing in the world.Photo: Paras Griffin/Getty Images for 20th Century Fox
Burn them all. With fire.