During a recent live performance in his hometown of Cleveland, Machine Gun Kelly surprised fans with an interesting choice of song.
On Saturday, the Ohio singer took time out of his 17-song set concert, to perform a rendition of the Spongebob Squarepants theme song.
Why the singer chose that particular song to perform is anyone’s guess.
MGK was performing during the NFL Draft‘s final round, and took time out of his concert to lead fans through an acapella version of the Nickelodeon series theme, followed by acoustic versions of ‘Forget Me Too’ and ‘Lonely.’
Supposedly the shift in song preference came after Machine Gun Kelly was pictured in a tweet wearing Spongebob socks.
The rapper’s latest album was released in September 2020, citing Kanye West and Prince as two of his inspirations. Come August, MGK will perform at Reading & Leeds festivals alongside headliners Liam Gallagher, Stormzy, Post Malone, Catfish & The Bottlemen and Queens Of The Stone Age.
- 20 of the best reactions as Boris Johnson sends Navy to Jersey in France fishing row
- Girl, 14, calls out double-standards after ‘teacher said her outfit was too revealing’‘
- This Tory candidate’s playground campaign video may be the most surreal thing you see today
- People are eating rancid meat to try and get high in disgusting new food trend
- Adam Sandler has hilarious response to viral video of him getting turned away from a restaurant
After that, the rapper will embark on an extensive US tour will follow in September and October, as well as a homecoming gig at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in December.