Rather than do that, Sandler, who was with his daughter, exited and looked for food elsewhere.
Rodas featured CCTV footage of her interaction with Sandler, who she hadn’t recognised due to his face mask, and pleaded with the Uncut Gems actor to ‘please come back’ in a TikTok clip which has now been viewed more than 11 million times.
At the time Rodas was praised for not giving Sandler special treatment because of his celebrity status while the actor was also given credit for not acting like a big shot and just accepting the problem and moving on.
- Gen Z now has a word for millennials who try too hard: cheugy
- Ben Affleck sent a video to a woman after she unmatched him on dating app assuming his profile was a catfish
- Here are the most difficult place names in the UK to pronounce
- Scientists tried and failed to stop a ‘deadly asteroid strike’ in worrying hypothetical exercise
- Cleaner’s brutal note to ‘cruel’ manager after last shift goes viral
Now Sandler has given his side of the story and done so in a typically hilarious fashion.
On Twitter, the 54-year-old wrote: “For the record, I only left the IHOP because the nice woman told me the all-you-can-eat deal didn’t apply to the milkshakes.”
Speaking to the New York Post, the worker explained that she soon realised what had happened after someone told her they had spotted Sandler outside of the restaurant.
She said: “It wasn’t until a customer walked in about 15 minutes later saying, ‘Adam Sandler was outside,’ when I realized I spoke to Adam Sandler!”
Good to see Sandler didn’t take the rejection too hard and people were happy to see him make a joke out of the situation.
All we can say is; how many milkshakes was he hoping to drink?