Apparently, America is living with “divorced dad” – where it all feels like fun until you get sick.
At least, that’s what Michelle Obama said of Donald Trump’s presidency as part of a salty interview with Stephen Colbert, where the former first lady didn’t shy away from throwing some shade at her husband’s successor.
During the live event, which took place at the 02 in London, she also said: “For anyone who had any problems with Barack Obama, let’s just think about what we were troubled by – there were never any indictments.”
But this isn’t the first time Michelle Obama has fired metaphorical shots at the president. Remember these?
1. When she said Sasha could run against him in 2020
"At this point, everybody is qualified,” she said.
Sasha is 17.
2. When she didn’t even try to smile at Trump’s inauguration
Writing in her memoir about of the lack of diversity in the crowd, she said: “Someone from Barack’s administration might have said that the optics there were bad, that what the public saw didn’t reflect the President’s reality or ideals, but in this case, maybe it did. Realizing it, I made my own optic adjustment. I stopped even trying to smile.”
3. But she could definitely tell how big his crowd was
“Oh yeah, I could tell,” she said to Ellen, alluding to Trump’s widely debunked claim that he had the biggest crowd in history.
4. When she ‘bye-Feliciaed’ him live on Jimmy Fallon
5. When she implied they might have slightly different moral codes
Obama replied to a question about Trump with: “What kind of moral leadership do we demand in the White House?”
6. When she painted a creepy nighttime picture
"I think we all agree that someone who's roaming around at 3am tweeting should not have their fingers on the nuclear codes."
7. When she schooled him in proper Twitter usage
"When you have a voice you can't just use it any kind of way ... You don't just say what's on your mind. You don't tweet every thought."
8. When she refused to stoop to his level
“When they go low, we go high."