Hannity, who happens to trade in nightly angry rhetoric, accused Kimmel of “spewing more hatred and more rage” over last week’s interview with California governor hopeful Caitlyn Jenner.
Jenner made a comment about homeless people that was controversial. Kimmel made a rebuttal by asking Jenner the following: “Is it transphobic to call a trans person an ignorant a-hole?”
Hannity was far from pleased with this.
“Don’t you have anything better to do? Maybe actually trying to be funny or boost your dismal ratings because we’re absolutely crushing you by like 70 per cent in total viewers, Jimmy,” Hannity said, throwing in a dig about who has more ratings.
But it doesn’t stop there. Hannity then tells Kimmel not to discuss the show, showing a montage of controversial segments from him, one of which was a clip of him in Black face.
- 10 of the best reactions after Leonardo DiCaprio branded ‘unrecognisable’ in new Scorsese film
- TikTok influencer finds out boyfriend is cheating thanks to live photo blunder
- Boyband Blue flown to Milan by Donatella Versace after being mistaken for Blur
- Worker explains why they kicked woman out of vegan cafe for giving kid a ham sandwich
- Man instantly rejected at job interview after ignoring ‘receptionist’ who was actually hiring manager
Kimmel has apologized for them.
“Jimmy, here’s my advice, don’t talk about my show anymore,” Hannity said.
And for more emphasis, seemingly proving how serious he is, Hannity said, “I’ll hit you back 50 times harder.”
Once Twitter caught wind of this, many said Hannity was clearly being a little sensitive, while others are “betting” money on who they think will win this debate.
Another onlooker wants to know if this will turn into a duel.
On the other hand, others suggested that Hannity not have a show if he doesn’t want people to talk about it.
This isn’t the first time Hannity and Kimmel have been at odds with one another. In 2018, the two have gone back and forth on both television and Twitter due to Kimmel seemingly mocking former First Lady Melania Trump’s accent.
Check out the full video below.