Only 10 countries in the world are considered completely free from conflict, according to the tenth Global Peace Index .
The index, collated by the Institute for Economics and Peace, ranked Iceland as the most peaceful country in the world, while the UK entered the top 50 for the first time since before 2008, placing 47th.
Here's a quick breakdown of what we've learned from the report:
1. Europe is the most peaceful continent in the world
Browse the interactive map, below:
2. There has been a 286 per cent increase in deaths as a result of terrorism
3. The top ten countries in terms of peace are predominately European
4. Yemen saw the greatest deterioration in peacefulness of any country
5. Followed by Ukraine, Turkey and Libya as the below chart by Statista shows
6. Mexico saw the most internal conflict deaths, other than Syria
7. Dictatorships are spending more on their militaries
8. Russia is upping its defence spending, while the US is cutting it