It’s always nice when you get into a cab and the driver makes you feel at home.
But one Lyft chauffeur has taken this to a whole other level by offering his riders an extensive menu of options.
In a print-off stuck to the back of his seat, the motorist, called Cameron, welcomes passengers to his car and urges them to choose from a list of 10 ride styles.
These range from an “awkward ride” to a “cliche ride” and everything in between.
A photo of the hilarious note was shared on Reddit on Thursday, racking up more than 116,000 upvotes and 2,300 comments in just two days.
- Marilyn Manson abuse allegations: A full timeline
- Teenager accidentally moved into a retirement community because rent was cheaper
- Elliot Page reveals he had a panic attack after wearing women’s clothes for Inception premiere
- A third of Brits ‘only wash their bedsheets once a year’
- Primary school headteacher in Birmingham bans ‘damaging sexist’ phrases like ‘boys and girls’
It reads: "Welcome to Cameron’s car! To ensure the best ride possible for you, I have prepared a menu of the various types of rides I offer. Just choose one (or don’t, that’s an option too) then sit back, relax and enjoy the ride."
The possibilities are as follows:
- The awkward ride - You ignore this menu completely then we sit in silence for the remainder of the ride
- The funny ride - I tell you jokes or embarrassing stories from my life
- The silent ride
- The creepy ride - I don’t say anything but I keep staring at you in the rearview mirror
- The karaoke ride - We rock out to hits from the 80s, early 2000s or literally whatever you want
- The bubbles ride - We blow bubbles the whole time
- The small talk ride - We talk about how crazy the weather’s been lately and I ask if you caught the game last night
- The therapy ride - You vent to me about your problems and I listen
- The drunk ride - You throw up in my car
- The cliche ride - You ask me how long I’ve been driving for Lyft
Redditors have shared their delight at Cameron’s approach as they considered what their own preferred ride “flavours” would be.
One commented: “Start with a bubble ride and then switch to a creepy ride. Maybe end it with a drunk ride. This is like ice cream scoops: it’s better when you mix flavors.”
Another asked: “Who offers 9 as an option?”
To which a fellow Redditor replied: “I think he needs to include an up charge on that option,” and a second added: “You don’t choose 9, 9 chooses you."
Meanwhile, another defended option number 10, saying: “I drive for Lyft. It’s so nice when someone asks me about my day etc. I love it, and it’s never basic. It’s humanising.”
And another person demanded that the list be rolled out across the ride-hailing service.
They asked: “Why isn’t this in every car? I want a bubble ride."
All we can say is, we’d ride with Cameron any day (but maybe leave out option four...).