In between the usual queries about council tax and bin collections, local councils in England and Wales are sometimes confronted with more off-beat questions about the ‘Great British Bake Off’ and mouse-racing.
The Local Government Association has listed the most bizarre call-centre questions received in the past year:
1. Do you know how much water I need to cook Super Noodles?
2. What are the rules and regulations for hosting a mouse race?
3. Can I exercise my kestrel on your tip?
4. Seven letters, James Bond’s cat-loving nemesis, begins with B?
5. What is the daily room rate at the Holiday Inn Express?
6. What size tin is required for the Mary Berry strawberry tart featured on Bake Off?
7. I met a boy whilst on holiday in Ibiza, but I've lost his number. He said he lived in Nottingham and his dad is a binman. Do you know him?
8. I'm allergic to feathers. How many geese on the boating lake in Cleethorpes?