Home chefs have been posting videos across social media explaining how to make a delicious “crispy and chewy” snack using a single ingredient…
The “recipe” involves tightly twisting each rasher of the meat and placing them on a baking tray – not a frying pan.
You then pop the twirls into the oven on a high heat for about 40 minutes – depending on how crunchy you want them.
- Man explains why he refused to give pregnant woman his seat on the bus
- Girl, 6, told by art teacher her painting was ‘wrong’ – Twitter disagreed
- GCHQ is asking recruits to solve this puzzle - can you?
- This Morning gets hundreds of complaints over Julia Hartley-Brewer’s bizarre comments about Meghan
- Instagram cat star Ponzu dies after boy yanked its leash in park
It isn’t clear who first came up with the hack, with numerous people claiming credit for the carb-free treat.
However, the hashtag #twistedbacon has now racked up more than 920,000 views on TikTok alone, with scores of users posting different variations on the theme.
Some have shown how to make candied versions, while others have stuffed each twist with cheese or smothered them in spicy seasoning.
It’s not yet clear whether it would work with non-pork, or even non-meat, bacons to cater for vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher diets.
But one thing’s for sure, this trend is going nowhere – and we’re getting hungry.