36-year-old Norwegian Gunnar Garfors held the record for being the youngest person in the world to have travelled to every single country on Earth - but his record has just been beaten.
Now Danish 28-year-old Henrik Jeppesen has just topped the previous record, ticking off his last country, Eritrea, on April 1st (it wasn't an April Fool's!)Image: Henrik Jeppesen
He told Nordjyske:
I am so happy... This was my big goal and I have reached already at the age of 27. But it is also a bit strange that it's now over.
Henrik is planning on settling down in South Africa - his favourite country of all 196. His top ten in order are:
1. South AfricaPicture: South African Tourism/Flickr
2. New ZealandPicture: Wikimedia Commons
3. ItalyPicture: Wikimedia Commons
4. The MaldivesPicture: Wikimedia Commons
5. AustraliaPicture: Wikimedia Commons
6. VanuatuPicture: Wikimedia Commons
7. RwandaPicture: CIAT/Flickr
8. PalauPicture: Wikimedia Commons
9. SeychellesPicture: Wikimedia Commons
10. ThailandPicture: Wikimedia Commons
Henrik's next challenge is to visit every US state. You can keep up with his planned adventures at his website here.
Henrik's list is very different from Gunnar's, who previously held the record - they only have one country in common, New Zealand. Check out his top 12 at this link.