During a recent soccer match in Turkey, players received an unlikely visitor while taking a break during a match.
Ankara Keciorengucu players were in the middle of breaking their fast for Ramadan, when an orange and white stray cat sauntered onto the field an interrupted the pitch.
- Tesco shopper ordered apples but got an iPhone in his delivery
- Woman discovers she is related to her boyfriend after taking a DNA test
- Reddit just realized that Jerry Seinfeld’s TV apartment defies the laws of science
- TikTok user reveals ‘dirty’ meaning behind ‘Macarena’ and people’s childhoods are ruined
- 20 jokes only very intelligent people will understand
Footage released by beIN Sports Turkiye, shows players eating bananas and dates during their first division game.
According to beIN Sports Turkiye, the game was on break because of an injury when the unlikely guest wandered onto the field.
Players couldn’t help but look amused as the referee tried to capture the cat. Eventually the game resumed and all was well in the realm of international soccer.
Considered the most sacred month of the year for Muslims, Ramadan is a time of spiritual discipline, when one’s relationship with God or Allah is thoroughly examined.
During this time, Muslims fast every day from dawn to sunset, engage in extra prayer and study the Qur’an.
If you’d like to learn more about Ramadan, we put together an explainer, including how to wish someone a Happy Ramadan.