According to a – let’s be honest, quite questionable – survey by the Superjob.ru job board, 18 per cent of men and 17 per cent of women chose the president as the nation’s “most handsome man”.
The Moscow Times reported that the 68-year-old was the only person to receive double digits in the “open-ended” survey. His closest rivals were apparently only chosen by two to three per cent of respondents.
“Russians still call Vladimir Putin the most attractive famous man in the country,” Superjob.ru were reported as saying. “Neither actors nor athletes or other politicians can compete with him today.”
- Chinese takeaway goes viral for savage responses to customers
- Greta Thunberg pulls off ultimate April Fools’ prank
- 10ft snake pulled from toilet after biting man’s bum
- 21 of the funniest and most cringe April Fools’ Day 2021 jokes
- Man’s marriage proposal brutally rejected in front of a busy shopping mall
However, it should be pointed out that in the survey – which questioned 1,000 men and 1,000 women –19 per cent of men named themselves as Russia’s most handsome man. Which demonstrates a whole new level of self-belief.
And, bruisingly, 18 per cent of women said they did not think that there was a single handsome man in the entire country which, it should be noted, has a population of around 145million.
Putin also seen a one per cent dip in his percentage win from last year, the Times reports. Looks like that mega gap could be closing in on him.