It’s officially British Summer Time – and the weather has shifted up a gear to mark the occasion.
In true English fashion, the shorts are out and people across the country are doing all they can to make the most of the quick blast of sunshine.
On Tuesday, the UK recorded its second warmest March day on record and the hottest in 53 years as the mercury peaked at 24.5C (75.2F) in London – and we’re set for the same on Wednesday in some areas, the Met Office said.
But there was no denying the palpable excitement as the nation was greeted with blue skies and sunshine – for the first time in what seems like forever.
- Chinese takeaway goes viral for savage responses to customers
- Man’s marriage proposal brutally rejected in front of a busy shopping mall
- David Lammy hailed for perfect response to caller who says he’ll ‘never be English’
- 35 of the funniest memes about the Ever Given
- Gary Lineker shares hilarious story about a confrontation with an old woman over a lost phone
As #heatwave trended on Twitter, people didn’t miss a beat in making fun of how Brits’ reaction to it all – namely how quickly they flock to their summer wardrobe.
Or, maybe we’ve all just become so well accustomed to the cold weather that it’s taken us aback…
Regardless of how you’re enjoying the sun, a warmer temperature and the sight of blue skies is definitely an uplifting change to the rain, especially now you’re allowed to spend time with your friends and family outside (in a distanced fashion, obviously).
And, as you can see, it really is lovely out there.
Enjoy it while it lasts...