Indeed, some of the comments he has made are so outlandish you would be forgiven if you thought they were satire. So we decided to put that concept to the test and put forth a combination of bona fide Trump quotes and some that we just made up ourselves.
So without further ado, here are 14 barmy statements - half came from Trump and the other half are satire. Can you tell the difference?
1. “Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me old, when I would never call him short and fat? Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend and maybe someday that will happen.”
AFP via Getty Images
2. “The thing is about me is that I’m very perceptive. There’s nobody more perceptive out there than me, I will say that.”
3. “I’m a great businessman. When I’m in the negotiating room, deals just happen. That’s just the way it is with me.”
4. “It’s really cold outside, they are calling it a major freeze, weeks ahead of normal. Man, we could use a big fat dose of global warming!”
5. “To be blunt, people would vote for me. They just would. Why? Maybe because I’m so good looking.”
6. “Just tried watching Modern Family - written by a moron, really boring. Writer has the mind of a very dumb and backward child. Sorry Danny!”
7. “Crooked Hillary Clinton thinks she is so great, but she really isn’t folks. She couldn’t run a race let alone a country. Sad!”
8. “More nonsense about me from the fake news media today, very sad to see.”
9. “Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault.”
10. “I am incapable of getting ill. Medical professionals want me to donate my body to science if I die. It’s that unique.”
11. “I think Viagra is wonderful if you need it, if you have medical issues, if you’ve had surgery. I’ve just never needed it. Frankly, I wouldn’t mind if there were an anti-Viagra, something with the opposite effect. I’m not bragging. I’m just lucky. I don’t need it.”
12. “My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”
13. “Nigel Farage is a very smart guy - there’s no-one like him. I asked him to join my team here in the US but he said the beer isn’t as good. Maybe next year!”
14. “Sleepy Joe Biden has some interesting ideas about the future of this great nation, very interesting indeed, but maybe if he spent less time napping, he could come up with something actually useful!”
Quotes 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12 are all real.
Quote one is a tweet (of course) that Trump posted in 2017 after a trip to Asia.
Quote four is also from Twitter, more specifically a 2015 gem.
Trump made quote number five in an interview with the New York Times in 1999. It turned out he was not entirely wrong but whether he was elected president because of his looks is something only his voters can answer.
Quote six was tweeted out in 2013. At least he was apologetic.
And he was busy on Twitter in 2013 as he also made the outlandishly arrogant statement in quote number nine in that year, too.
Trump didn’t hold back in a 2011 interview with Playboy when he got rather candid about his views on Viagra in quote 11.
And the New York Post were the lucky recipients of his rambling in 2011 when he talked about his fingers in quote 12.
The others (2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14) are completely made up.
How did you get on?
Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.