Here are eight of her most cutting comebacks from her testimony:
1. McFarland told her she should have taken a break if she was feeling distressed.
Swift’s response: “And your client could have taken a normal photo with me.”
2. McFarland tried to shift the responsibility to her bodyguard, Greg Den.
Swift’s response: “I’m critical of your client sticking his hand under my skirt and grabbing my ass.”
3. McFarland tried to reason that the photo in question did not show anything inappropriate.
Swift’s response: “Gabe, this is a photo of him with his hand up my skirt – with his hand on my ass. You can ask me a million questions – I’m never going to say anything different. I never have said anything different.”
4. McFarland said the photo did not show the front of her skirt wrinkled in any way, thus evidence of no wrongdoing.
Swift’s response: “Because my ass is located at the back of my body.”
5. According to Rolling Stone, Mueller at one point admitted to touching her, though not inappropriately. He said: “My hand came into contact with part of her body. I felt what appeared to be a rib cage or rib…And it went behind her, and her hand, or arm, went behind my arm.”
Swift’s response: “He did not touch my ribcage, he did not touch my hand, he grabbed my bare ass.”
6. McFarland asked Swift why nobody witnessed the alleged groping.
Swift’s response: “The only person who would have a direct eye line is someone laying underneath my skirt, and we didn’t have anyone positioned there.”
7. Was it possible that someone else – perhaps Mueller’s then-girlfriend Shannon Melcher, also in the photo – could have touched her?
Swift’s response: “He had a handful of my ass. I know it was him.”
8. McFarland attempted a different tactic, and asked Swift how she felt about his client losing his job as a result of the allegations:
Swift's response: "I’m not going to let you or your client make me feel in any way that this is my fault. Here we are years later, and I’m being blamed for the unfortunate events of his life that are the product of his decisions—not mine."
Taylor Swift is counter-suing for assault and battery, and is seeking a symbolic one dollar in damages.