Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC. That much we do know. What we do not know are the finer details of the "fracas" that caused his suspension and the postponement of the rest of the current Top Gear series.
But regardless of the truth, the people, well 800,000 of them at least, are not happy. A petition launched by right-wing blog Guido Fawkes has gone stratospheric - becoming the fastest growing petition on Change.org's UK site. Ever.
Here are just some of the reasons people gave while calling for a man who reportedly punched a colleague, and has had numerous warnings in the past, to be reinstated:
1. Many said it was a case of the notorious "lefty-liberal-PC-brigade-gone-mad" at Beeb HQ
2. Many, many people
3. He's a glimmer of light in an increasingly dark world
4. A dying ember of hope!
5. Some people used rhyme (sort of)
6. Because Clarkson is one cash cow who will not kowtow
7. Ok, too far
8. Many seemed to confuse freedom of speech, with freedom to punch
9. Others drew comparisons with mass murder on the streets of Paris
10. Some were worried about their vitamin deficiency
11. He's politically erect! What, what?
12. Clarkson can do whatever he likes
13. Just look what he's done for international diplomacy...
14. Down with the anonymous producer!
15. Down with the BBC!
16. Clarkson for prime minister!
Note: Many of these reasons are so hyperbolic that we can only conclude they were written in jest. People might not be taking this petition all that seriously after all.