If you’ve ever worked in retail and encountered a customer who seemed intent on making your job even more difficult than it already was, then this hilarious video from comedian Scott Seiss will feel all too familiar.
In a series of TikTok videos, Seiss – who has amassed more than 200,000 followers on the platform – pretends to be an employee at Ikea who has just been asked an impossible question by a disgruntled customer.
The genius of the video is Seiss’s pitch-perfect response to the customer, accompanied by the sudden change in music. He’s literally embodying everything a retail assistant has ever wanted to say to someone that decided to rub them up the wrong way.
Yeah, we’re looking at you Diane!
The compilation of videos has since been shared on Twitter where it has been viewed more than six million times.
- Keir Starmer has perfect response after a confrontation with pub landlord spreading misinformation
- Video of shelter dog reacting to being adopted is 12 seconds of pure joy
- 38 of the funniest memes about the widely criticised European Super League
- A complete timeline of Lizzo’s drunken DM drama with Chris Evans
- The biggest coffee buying mistake that most people are making
Needless to say, people love it.
Even basketball superstar LeBron James thinks it is hilarious.
Although many of the responses to the video have been from people who thought the skits were hilarious, some felt they were too close to the bone and reminded them of what it is like to work in retail.
One wrote: “Customers do not understand how close we are to snapping while working in retail from nonsense like this” while another added: “This is all the shit that goes through my head working with the public. Especially the threats of going somewhere else. I’m like let me get the door for you.”