Woman says she mistook her Apple Airpod for a pill and swallowed it

Woman says she mistook her Apple Airpod for a pill and swallowed it

This story takes the term built-in speaker a little too literally.

A woman has shared how she mistook her Apple Airpods for an ibuprofen tablet and you can probably guess what happened next...

TikToker Carli (@iamcarliiib) revealed she somehow managed to swallow the Airpod whole and despite her best efforts to puke to put it back up. In the re-uploaded footage, Carli can be seen sobbing as she realised her mistake.

“I ate my f**king left AirPod,” Carli said.


For ✨educational✨ purposes heres what happened when I mixed up my #airpod and an ibuprofen. Here to share awareness #LevisMusicProject #fyp

“I was crawling into bed and I had an ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f**king AirPod — my left earbud — in the other,” she added, as explained how she was supposed to put it back in its case.

“I like threw something back and took my water bottle, took a sip,” the TikToker soon notice she made a terrible mistake.

Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter

“I then realized that it wasn’t the ibuprofen,” Carli continues by detailing how she “tried puking it” but that “it won’t come out.”

“I’m f**king losing my mind,” she concluded.

In the re-uploaded TikTok, Carli then appears in another clip to explain how her original post was taken down before adding that “for educational purposes” she wants to share her “journey of how this is all going.”

“I’m not the first to do this and I definitely won’t be the last,” the TikToker added.

Since posting the re-upload, it’s been viewed 2.6m times, with nearly 295,000 likes and Carli detailed in the comments how before she disconnected her Airpod she played the “Find My Airpod” sound and “faintly heard it” from her stomach.

People were left divided by Carl’s digestive dilemma.

Some people appeared to not believe that the TikToker could get these two things confused.

One person asked: “How do you mix up ibuprofen and an Airpod?”

“I call total bulls***,” another person said.

Meanwhile, others were concerned for her health and felt sorry for Carli.

One person asked: “How’s it going babe?! I’m concerned.”

“I hope that you’re okay... but can you play a song lol,” another person wrote.

In a follow-up video, Carli told her followers that she had an x-ray done a few hours ago which revealed that the Airpod has passed and that understandably, she did not retrieve it.

“An x-ray showed that I passed it, I know that it’s passed. I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is and I know this in a very hilarious way.”

The TikTok user then shares a screenshot of a text conversation between her and her friend where Carli send a voice memo explaining her Airpod problem but they failed to hear it because the Airpod in her stomach was still connected to her phone.

“I was unaware that it was still connected because my other Airpod was in its case not connected to my phone, but the stomach pod indeed was connected and recording,” Carli explains.


Reply to @bitchcraft____ #greenscreen

Of course, this only led to people dying to hear the stomach-located voice memo to which Carli posted.


Reply to @k4yb3e here’s the VOICE MEMO sent to @jelb0_

Carli’s voice can be heard but it was muffled at times, as she tells her friend: “I just ate my f**king Airpod.”

“So this is what babies hear?” Someone in the comments asked while others agreed that it sounded like an ultrasound.

As the old saying goes: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” but this is definitely not the case this time.

The Conversation (0)