Let this young woman who got poison ivy in her eyes be a lesson to all of us

Narjas Zatat@Narjas_Zatat
Wednesday 15 June 2016 13:20

Parents often warn their children to be careful of poison ivy, and one touch could lead to a world of prickly pain.

Now imagine that pain. But in your eyes.

That’s exactly what happened to 21-year-old Emily Petrozza from Conneticut, who isn't sure how she came into contact with the plant and developed a rash a few days later.

Picture: Emily Petrozza/Twitter

She told Mashable:

It started on my arms and I'm guessing spread to my face from taking my contacts out. Yesterday morning I woke up and couldn't open my eyes. My eyes were just really heavy and it hurt to try and keep them open.

Come Monday morning, Emily's face looked like this:

Picture: Emily Petrozza

Emily's little sister Lauren was kind enough to document their trip to the emergency room for the rest of the world to see.

And the internet was one part sympathy, two parts in stitches.

Sister Lauren's reaction was priceless, naturally.

There is a lesson to be learnt from this story, which you probably already knew: keep all your body parts away from poison ivy.

H/T: Mashable

More: This 21-year-old woman's first ever bikini photo has gone viral

More: Everyone loves this guy's parody Facebook status about racism and xenophobia