“Just one thing. It’s in June.”
The event is due to take place on 25 June, and a follow-up post from Aldi confirmed that mince pies would be available in store from 21 June.
However, not everyone was pleased with the idea of getting festive in the summer.
- Ex-Britain First deputy got just 46 votes in Scottish Parliament election and people found it hilarious
- All the things which did better than Laurence Fox’s London mayoral campaign
- The five most talked-about moments from Elon Musk’s SNL presenting gig
- Father sparks debate over reaction to having a girl in viral gender reveal TikTok video
- Woman ‘shaves’ legs with sandpaper in viral TikTok and it’s blowing people’s minds
“You do know what Christmas celebrates? The clue is at the start of the name,” one replied.
Another user commented: “This is just disgusting! Stupid and pathetic. Have they heard of December... Whether last Christmas did it [or] didn’t, Christmas is in December. It is bad enough with stores all around starting to light up and sell in September/October.”
Others, meanwhile, were a lot more supportive, and hoped Junemas would see the return of the company’s Christmas mascot, Kevin the carrot:
As if the Colin the Caterpillar drama wasn’t enough...