A woman was left horrified after biting into a “lethal” sewing needle that was in her £1 supermarket salad.
The mother of two slammed the supermarket after finding the rusty sewing needle in her coleslaw and claims the incident was a close call.
Helen Paton from Perth in Western Australia explained that she found the offending item in a Coles Kitchen coleslaw mix that was worth $2 (£1.12).
Speaking to 7 News, Paton said she initially believed she’d bitten into a hard piece of vegetable, before realising that it felt more like metal. She removed the piece from her mouth only to realise it was a large rusty needle.
Paton was left unharmed as she didn’t “didn't chew it”, but was left “shocked” by the grim and potentially dangerous discovery.
Paton said: “Someone could have impaled their mouth, they could have swallowed it,” adding, “I think it’s quite a lethal potential.”
She wants the supermarket to consider recalling the product over fears that it may happen to another unsuspecting customer.