Michael Flynn, who was briefly a National Security Advisor in the Trump regime, stumbled over the pledge, during a rally organised by Trump lawyer, Lin Wood, which took place in January and has now resurfaced in a viral clip.
Speaking to the crowd he said: “Listen, I’m going to say a Pledge of Allegiance. You’re going to say it along with me.
“I want you to hear, not just listen, every single word of the Pledge of Allegiance. That is our pledge to each other, that is our pledge to this country. It’s a Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America. So put your hand over your heart, take your hats off here. Place your hand over your heart.”
Following this dramatic build-up he said: “I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,” which is the first sentence and then froze, letting the crowd continue, and attempted to mutter some words to join in.
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- Man living in house he doesn’t own evades eviction for more than 20 years
- New ‘Prince Philip’ Royal Yacht is set to cost £200 million – and people aren’t impressed
- Delivery driver leaves weight loss note in McDonald’s order, sparking fierce TikTok debate
- Blogger mocked for calling off-licence an ‘offy’ – but Twitter’s got her back
Flynn is an interesting character. In 2017 he served just 23 days in his role in the Trump administration. He was forced to leave as he pled guilty to lying to the FBI about contact with Russia.Very patriotic. He is also reported to be a QAnon member and has expressed anti-Muslim ideas on Twitter.
And now the former army officer, who is clearly as patriotic as they come has been unable to get through the pledge, which is often recited in schools and on patriotic occasions in America.
Reacting to his blunder, people on social media were quick to rinse Flynn:
Oh, dear. Let’s just say Flynn wouldn’t be our first choice to give a speech at a wedding.