Friedl immediately collapsed to the ground but that was only the start of his ordeal...
With the ball not being immediately cleared, it fell back to Germany’s Robert Andrich, who again attempted a shot only to hit the defender once more in what looked to be the same area
Not content with the agony that he had already caused to his opponent, Andrich then fired another shot into the crowded penalty area and to hit Friedl again in quite possibly the same location.
- Man who claims he is Charles and Camilla’s son shares new photographic ‘evidence’
- A 90lb teenager slammed face-first into concrete by cop for filming arrest in Florida
- If you’re in your 20s and haven’t seen all 28 of these movies then we’re judging you
- Chilling footage of ex-army ranger bragging about having great sex after killing someone resurfaces
- Man explains why he refused to give pregnant woman his seat on the bus
The moment has since gone viral on social media and has been viewed more than one million times on Twitter.
Even the official Bundesliga Twitter account shared the clip.
Some readers might recall the viral Scott Sterling comedy clip from a few years ago about a very unlucky goalkeeper who just couldn’t help but get in the way of the ball.
Sadly, despite his viral success, Friedl’s pain couldn’t inspire his team who lost 3-1 to Union Berlin, a result that leaves them 14th in the table and just one point above the relegation zone.