It’s great when kids start showing independence and taking initiatives, but sometimes it can also lead to awkward conversations.
That’s what happened when a mum discovered that her six-year-old daughter had been leaving... interesting notes for their cleaning lady.
She captioned the clip: “When the lady who cleans my house texted me to let me know my 6 year old had started leaving her instructions.”
Then, covering her face with embarrassment, she displayed an image of one of the handwritten notes.
- 10 of the best reactions after Leonardo DiCaprio branded ‘unrecognisable’ in new Scorsese film
- TikTok influencer finds out boyfriend is cheating thanks to live photo blunder
- Boyband Blue flown to Milan by Donatella Versace after being mistaken for Blur
- Worker explains why they kicked woman out of vegan cafe for giving kid a ham sandwich
- Man instantly rejected at job interview after ignoring ‘receptionist’ who was actually hiring manager
Propped up next to her daughter’s doll, along with a pair of small underwear, was a message asking: “Put pants on my doll”.
Mary added in her caption that there were “many more” such instructions.
Her video has racked up more than 4.6 million views and 722,000 likes in a week, with fellow TikTokers divided over the daughter’s actions.
Some users commented that they wish she’d used the word “please”, but others found it funny that she took the time to write the note in the first place.
One person said: “It’s honestly hilarious, because the amount of time she spent writing the note, she could have done it. I love kids.”
But another wrote: “She could have at least wrote please LOL. Then it wouldn’t be so bad.”
Mary clarified that the incident took place in 2016 and reassured people that she’d had a talk with her daughter at the time.
In the comments, she wrote: “She was six, we were mortified and discussed why this wasn’t okay.”
The mum added: “She grew up respectful/empathetic.”