Jamie Vardy's terrific comeback to Harry Kane's suggestion that Spurs would "hunt down" Leicester City in their bid to win the Premier League has been pleasing the internet today:
After Leicester secured the title on Monday night, the centre-forward posted this riposte:
It takes wit, talent and speed to produce a searing come back. Here are 10 honourable mentions in the clapback stakes:
1. Winston Churchill vs Nancy Astor
Astor: Winston, if you were my husband I'd put poison in your coffee.
Churchill: If you were my wife I'd drink it.
2. Piers Morgan vs Gary Lineker
3. Parent vs Child
4. Tulisa vs Alan Sugar vs Simon Cowell
5. JK Rowling vs a hater
6. T Boone Pickens vs Drake
7. James Blunt vs someone who didn't really ask for it, tbh
8. Marvel's Jessica Jones vs a Twitter hater
9. Barack Obama vs Matt Damon
Damon: I really think [Obama's] misinterpreted his mandate.
Obama: Matt Damon said he was disappointed in my performance. Well Matt, I just saw The Adjustment Bureau so, right back at you buddy.
10. Darth Vader vs Captain Needa
Needa: Choke, choke, gargle, gargle, hrrumpff
Vader: Apology accepted.