As one of Britain's most celebrated columnists, and with a huge following on social media, it's fair to say Caitlin Moran knows a thing or two about cracking the media industry.
In a series of videos for Hiive, a new professional network for the creative industries, the Times writer gives five tips for getting your foot on the ladder:
1. Love what you do and don't call anyone an "ass-hat". Seriously
2. Don't write boring cover letters
3. Be enthusiastic while on work experience
4. Don't not pay for taxis...
5. Get all your work in one place
More: Why employers could be throwing away your CV
More: The 10 worst mistakes you can make on your CV
More: The 10 hardest job interview questions